JOG Location Diagram 10.1

07-17-2013 12:23 PM
JAMIELAU
New Contributor
I'm currently trying to figure out how to work with the JOG location diagram in 10.1. My understanding is that you no longer have to 'insert' this element, as it is already provided in the JOG template with its own data frame.

In my JOG mxd, I have the vectors referencing the MapIndex.mdb provided with Defense Mapping, which brought in the JOG_Index, ONC_Index, and WAC_Index. What I am left with is a location diagram without the proper projection and no lat/long coordinates.

I understand this may be as simple as setting the projection (what is it supposed to be??) and making my own grid.

There is no mention of this change ANYWHERE in the help menus.

Ideas??

Thanks
Jamie Lau
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamMortimer
New Contributor III
I'm currently trying to figure out how to work with the JOG location diagram in 10.1. My understanding is that you no longer have to 'insert' this element, as it is already provided in the JOG template with its own data frame.

In my JOG mxd, I have the vectors referencing the MapIndex.mdb provided with Defense Mapping, which brought in the JOG_Index, ONC_Index, and WAC_Index. What I am left with is a location diagram without the proper projection and no lat/long coordinates.

I understand this may be as simple as setting the projection (what is it supposed to be??) and making my own grid.

There is no mention of this change ANYWHERE in the help menus.

Ideas??

Thanks
Jamie Lau

Hi Jamie,
First Up you may need a Definition Query on your selected JOG or ONC/TPC/WAC and then use a 'pan to selected' in your index diagram.
Then depending on the set-up you may need to ungroup the features in the index diagram/dataframe to get the linestyles to show up etc.
The vectors from the JOG Index should set the coords for the dataframe.
Hopefully your not talking about a GEOREF index, which is normally on TPC's etc, and is also different.

I will try to have a look at defence solution and see if there is anything else standing out.

William.
0 Kudos