Export Map Window half gone

07-17-2013 07:23 AM
NicoleRhodes
New Contributor
I was changing the resolution of a map to export (in the export map window) and downsized the bottom half of the window to view part of the map, but a similar arrow resize the window does not appear.  Now I am unable to rename a file or change the resolution for export. I created an entirely new .mxd and have the same problem.  I have version 10.0 desktop. Has anyone run into this problem?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Did you change the resolution for your monitor or for your map to print.  Changing the export or print resolution should not do as you indicate.

I was changing the resolution of a map to export (in the export map window) and downsized the bottom half of the window to view part of the map, but a similar arrow resize the window does not appear.  Now I am unable to rename a file or change the resolution for export. I created an entirely new .mxd and have the same problem.  I have version 10.0 desktop. Has anyone run into this problem?
0 Kudos
NicoleRhodes
New Contributor
Did you change the resolution for your monitor or for your map to print.  Changing the export or print resolution should not do as you indicate.

No, I did not change the resolution of the monitor.  I had the window open, and clicked on a small arrow that appeared in the bottom right hand corner of the "Export Map" window that downsized the bottom half of the window.  Now when I open the "Export Map" window, I can only see the top half (see screenshot). You might think that a similar arrow would allow me to reopen the bottom half of the window, but no such luck. It looks like it is a glitch in the program and I don't know how to undo it.  [ATTACH=CONFIG]26016[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor
I can not reproduce resizing the window and having the export name and options all disappear.
Try putting the focus in the export window and typing shift + O (hotkey combination for the options dropdown).
ALso, the lower right corner with the triangle of dots does nothing?
Other options:
1) spend some time with tech support
2) get into the registry and try to reset that specific window settings (always a dangerous thing)
3) rename or delete the Normal.mxt - This will reset all windows, toolbars, and customizations to original install settings.
Regards, and good luck!
Jim
0 Kudos
NicoleRhodes
New Contributor
I can not reproduce resizing the window and having the export name and options all disappear.
Try putting the focus in the export window and typing shift + O (hotkey combination for the options dropdown).
ALso, the lower right corner with the triangle of dots does nothing?
Other options:
1) spend some time with tech support
2) get into the registry and try to reset that specific window settings (always a dangerous thing)
3) rename or delete the Normal.mxt - This will reset all windows, toolbars, and customizations to original install settings.
Regards, and good luck!
Jim

Thank you Jim!  After typing shift + O the arrow and "Options" button appeared in the bottom left hand corner.  The lower right corner just resizes the window. I will keep the other options in mind for the future!
-Nicole
0 Kudos