AnsweredAssumed Answered

Count is showing zero

Question asked by ionarawilson on Jul 15, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 by ionarawilson
I would like to select records based on one field of the highest OBJECTID value. So I am first creating the selection of the highest OBJECTID to obtain the value CountyFFY for that record. Then I am creating a selection on a feature layer (created from the same file) to select all the records with the same CountyFFY. However when I use the count method is showing 0 values and I can't see the feature layer in the table of contents. I don't get any error messages. Do you guys have any idea why this is happening? Why is it not selecting? Is there a problem with my query expression? Thank you

maxValue3 = arcpy.SearchCursor("Stewardship", "", "", "", "OBJECTID D").next().getValue("OBJECTID")     arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management("Stewardship",  "NEW_SELECTION", "OBJECTID = " +  str(maxValue3))     arcpy.AddMessage(maxValue3)     maxValuestr3 = str(maxValue3)      trows = arcpy.SearchCursor("Stewardship")     for row in trows:             FFYtxt = row.getValue("FFY")             Countytxt = row.getValue("County")             SequenceNum = row.getValue("SequenceNumber")             FFYCountytxt = row.getValue("FFYCounty")      arcpy.AddMessage(FFYCountytxt)     lyr = arcpy.mapping.ListLayers(arcpy.mapping.MapDocument('CURRENT'), 'Stewardship')[0]     arcpy.MakeFeatureLayer_management(lyr.dataSource, "TMP")      arcpy.SelectLayerByAttribute_management("TMP",  "NEW_SELECTION", "FFYCounty = " + FFYCountytxt)     result = int(arcpy.GetCount_management("TMP").getOutput(0))     arcpy.AddMessage(result)

Outcomes