Very Slow to connect to Arcgis online

07-12-2013 11:55 AM
GordonBowne
New Contributor III
Hi to all,
I work for the city of Titusville and we have an enterprise license and an ArcGIS online account. In the past we had no trouble getting to and using the account. We've uploaded maps "yata, yata' yata", and everything was good. About six months ago it became virtually impossible to access our stuff in the cloud. This is only a problem when we're using the city's network. I can access everything fine at home. It also seems to be only a (our)problem with ArcGIS Online, we have no trouble with the rest of the ESRI sites.
  Our IT department said they are looking into the problem but as I said this has been going on for months and they have no answers.
I want to start really utilizing ArcGIS online but I'm stuck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Gordon
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jan_Willemvan_der_Lichte
New Contributor II
Hi,

I don't have an answer, but i do have the same problems.
Our own (tiled-) services respond very slow on the city account.
But in the REST-page they respond very quick.
Did you found a solution?

Thanks

Jan Willem van der Lichte
Gemeente Tilburg
0 Kudos
GordonBowne
New Contributor III
Hi,
We have not found a solution. Our IT dept considers this a low priority ; three years now. If they ever fix the problem I will forward
the solution to you.
Jan_Willemvan_der_Lichte
New Contributor II
Ok thanks, we will keep on searching...
0 Kudos
GordonBowne
New Contributor III

Hi to all,

Well after 4 years my problem with connecting to arcgis.com has been solved.

Trouble was in our firewall and after IT adapted the "white list" all was fine. It took all of 4 days to fix.

I had given them the list 4 years ago and was told that "this can't be It". I had ESRI support send me another copy of the list and finally got some cooperation.

0 Kudos