Timing of Enable Attachments Critical??

07-11-2013 12:38 PM
KevinWatt
New Contributor III
I created a feature class in a file gdb, added my fields, and published it as a feature service to AGOL (subscription).  I forgot to enable attachments before I published the service, so I went to AGOL and enabled attachments there (figured no big deal).  We then sent the intern out for a week of inspections with the mobile app where he attached photos to every inspection point in the feature service.

I just tried disconnecting the feature service back to a file gdb on the desktop and none of the photo attachments came with it.

In my testing, if I enable attachments on the local feature class in the file gdb BEFORE the feature service is published, the attachments added with the mobile or arcgis.com map will successfully disconnect back to local gdb after the fact.  If I enable attachments AFTER the feature service is published, it seems that the pictures are hopelessly trapped in AGOL.

Mike Minami or anyone have a suggestion here?  Is this a bug?  I really don't want to have to reattach hundreds of photos manually.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
ArcMap 10.2 will bring down attachments when you create a local copy of the service.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos