What happened to the View Table from layers in AGO?

Jump to solution
07-08-2013 05:36 AM
TonySegura1
New Contributor
There was a recent change to AGO.

Until just recently the user could click on a layer in the contents and click on the side arrow for more layer options. This arrow is now a down arrow and there is no longer a Table or View Table option. The user can filter, but the whole table no longer opens.

I checked in the help documents and this has not been updated. http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/index.html#//010q000000tz000000

Does anyone know what happened to this feature or is it just gone now?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This issue will be addressed in the next update. It should live by the 25th.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II
I got the same issue.
0 Kudos
TonySegura1
New Contributor
Update to question:

While I am still waiting to get an answer from ESRI on this, we have investigated this issue a little more and noted this:

The map we are using is pulling data in from a service. This service has multiple layers and when we try and open a table on a particular layer, we no longer are given an option to open up the table. This feature is literally gone. However, if we go in and add each individual feature one by one, the option to open up the table is now available.

My problem with doing this is that my user has spent a considerable amount of time building pop ups for each particular layer and for him to have to remove and rebuild everything will take a lot of time to do. I am hoping there is a solution somewhere for this issue or better yet a fix.
0 Kudos
KaraKerksick
New Contributor III
Hi,

I am running into this issue with an AGO map as well.
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/88135-Unable-to-quot-View-Table-quot-for-layers-in-ArcGIS-online-ma...

From the bit of troubleshooting I have done, I am seeing similar behavior as described in your thread, the view table option no longer appears in data coming from a map service that contains many layers.

I really hope that we do not have torebuild our map services and/or AGO maps! We (WA DNR) just released this to our external customers and the feedback has been really positive - except this week folks are unable to "view table" like they were last week.

If you figure anything out, keep me in the loop! (and visa-versa).
0 Kudos
TonySegura1
New Contributor
I am still working on trying to get someone from ESRI to respond to me on this. I am assuming since everyone is probably at the conference this week they have not been checking their emails.

I am just glad I am not the only one having issues and like you, my user spent a lot of time building his map and pop ups and if we have to delete them all and start over its not going to be fun.
0 Kudos
TonySegura1
New Contributor
Its a BUG ........ My interpretation of this is that it should be fixed, but if you HAVE to have your attribute tables show up NOW, you would need to remove the layer and re-add it in.

Response from ESRI below:

After further investigation, we are able to determine that the issue that we are experiencing is a bug in ArcGIS online that has been triggered during the July update to ArcGIS online. I have reported this issue to the developers by logging a high priority bug. Please refer the following details.

Reference Number: NIM093067 
Synopsis: Show Table option disappeared for ArcGIS Server 10.0 services in ArcGIS Online
Meaning of the Status: This is in the process of being reviewed by the development lead.
Severity: High

I apologize for the inconvenience cause to you. However we do have a workaround. The only workaround that I could find is to add the layers within the service individually instead of using whole map service URL.

Example: http://sampleserver4.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/HomelandSecurity/Incident_Data_Extraction...

I hope this helps. For more information and updates regarding this bug, please visit our Customer Care Portal at http://customers.esri.com.

I have already added this incident to the above mentioned bug. I will now go ahead and mark this incident as software defect. However please feel free to get in touch with me for any questions regarding this issue. I will be glad to assist you further.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
This issue will be addressed in the next update. It should live by the 25th.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos