ggohdin

Button to Zoom and show popup

Discussion created by ggohdin on Jul 5, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 9, 2013 by ggohdin
Hi been stuck on this for a few days.  What I am trying to do is when someone clicks on a button the map zooms to the specified extent then also displays a points popup in that extent.

Currently, on click of the button the map zooms to the correct extent, and the point is visible, but the popup does not display.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

My button is as follows:

HTML Button
<div dojoType="dijit.form.Button" id="NewZealandAuckland" iconClass="NewZealandAuckland" onClick="ZoomToNewZealandAuckland();">Auckland</div>

This links to the button to display the extent.
Javascript extent
function ZoomToNewZealandAuckland() {  
var customExtent = new esri.geometry.Extent(174.756,-36.857,174.763,-36.852,new esri.SpatialReference({"wkid":4326}));
map.setExtent(customExtent);
}

This is my point.
Point

var Auckland = new esri.geometry.Point(174.758, -36.855, new esri.SpatialReference({ 'wkid': 4326 }));
map.graphics.add(new esri.Graphic( esri.geometry.geographicToWebMercator(Auckland),
new esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol( {"angle":1,"xoffset":0,"yoffset":0,"type":"esriPMS","url":"http://static.arcgis.com/images/Symbols/Basic/BlueStickpin.png","imageData":"","contentType":"image/png","width":24,"height":24} ), 
{ 'title': '', 'content': ' },
new esri.InfoTemplate('${title}', '${content}')
));

I have a feeling popup.show(); might be involved in the zoom to extent, but unsure how to use.

Outcomes