Update this morning

07-03-2013 04:44 AM
JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II
I noticed some major changes in the update that happened this morning. One change that raises some alarms is that now maps that I published as a web service from an mxd to our sandbox do not have the option to change symbology, rename, transparency, and all the other options that were present yesterday.  The only option with these maps are to turn off and on layers.

My question: Is AGOL still in the process of updating or is this the way AGOL now works. If so, please provide us with some documentation of all the changes.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
ShawnCarson
New Contributor III
I too am experiencing weirdness. All my legend symbology in services I created in 10.0  has turned to empty boxes in the table of contents in my web maps apps. (So I have no legend in my public facing web map apps now.) Any new maps I create in 10.0 also have this issue. This is new behavior.

These  were working fine for months.
0 Kudos
JerryGarcia1
Also the map crashes when symbols are changed.....

ESRI needs to give us a heads up when they update. Especially since they have such a poor track record on their QAQC process. What if I was giving a demo to one of my bosses this morning. I hope the collector app I set up is working properly or we will be losing lots of staff time and tax dollars. If we knew when you are updating we could schedule around it.
0 Kudos
TomScharmen
New Contributor III
Another serious issue apparently associated with this morning's update.  All Organizational member's ROLES ARE BLANKED OUT, including mine. As Administrator of our Organization, I can not use any admin functions!  Such as moving files or changing ownership.  This is hampering some time sensitive work!
Hope you are aware of this and working to remedy it fast.
Thanks
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The first suggestion is to aggressively clear your browser cache. This will often clear up problems.

@Jerry_G - we are aware of a firefox issue where changing symbols crashes the browser. Are you running in Firefox? We hope to have this addressed shortly

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
@shawn

Can you provide some URLs to your 10.0 services so we can investigate the problem? Or URLs to web maps?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
As an administrator on our org account I no longer see an option to edit the item details on a feature service owned by others in our org.  The only buttons showing up on the item details page are open and share.  And the share dialog only shows a checkbox for "These groups" followed by our orgs groups.  What happened to everyone and our org?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Rick, have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Mike
0 Kudos
TiffanyPuett
GOOD TIMES!!!

It also looks like they took away the "size" column in the "My Content" page. I think folks are going to need that to assist with budgeting credits!
0 Kudos
RickWeisbond
New Contributor III
Mike,

I did clear the browser cache.  It cleared up the problem of named user roles not displaying on the orgs admin page, but not the problem I posted about.  My issue appears on Chrome, Firefox and IE8.
0 Kudos