Parameterized Attributes in Model Builder

Jump to solution
07-02-2013 04:22 PM
MathewSchmidtlein
New Contributor
Hey, all,

I'm looking to rank how critical a given subset of road segments are within a transportation network by comparing how many people would loose access to a set of facilities if one road were closed versus another.  I'm trying to do this using a closest facility analysis with a road network in which I've created a parameterized attribute that allows me (in the ArcMap interface) to supply the id for a road segment that is then dropped from the analysis.  Once I got this working, I wanted to apply the concept in Model Builder, and iterate through a list of roads to remove, and then re-solve, the closest facility problem for each iteration.  The problem is I can't see how to specify the value to use for my parameterized attribute through the Model Builder interface.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if it is, how to make it work?

Thanks for the help,

matt
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Matt.  Use the Update Analysis Layer Attribute Parameter tool.  You can find it in ArcToolbox in Network Analyst Tools/Analysis.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi Matt.  Use the Update Analysis Layer Attribute Parameter tool.  You can find it in ArcToolbox in Network Analyst Tools/Analysis.
0 Kudos
MathewSchmidtlein
New Contributor
Awesome, thanks, Melinda.  That is just what I was looking for.

MB is getting really good in the last release or two.

matt
0 Kudos