AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing an E00 file: Tutorial 4-7 in GIS Tutorial for Health, 4th ed.

Question asked by nebru21 on Jun 26, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 4, 2013 by nebru21
I apologize if this is not the right place to post my question. My problem specifically pertains to the GIS Tutorial for Health, 4th ed. textbook.

In the chapter 4-7 tutorial, it tells me to navigate within the ArcToolbox window to Conversion Tools > To Coverage > Import from E00. In the dialog box, it says to select the input file (C:\...\cs42_d00.e00 in my case), then select the output location (C:\...\Chapter4) and click Ok.

I can see that the import process is running and I get a message that it has completed. In Windows Explorer I can see that the cs42_d00 and Info folders are created. However, the very next tutorial step says to right-click a layer called PACountySubdivisions but this is not in my table of contents, and is not previously mentioned anywhere in this section. I am completely lost as to what was supposed to have occurred after completing the import step.

Going back to the 'Import from E00' dialog box, was I supposed to select 'Chapter4.gdb' as the output location instead of the Chapter4 folder?

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

If necessary, the .E00 file I am using can be downloaded from the following link: cs42_d00.e00

Outcomes