AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hide  Button on Addin Toolbar (ArcGIS 10.0)

Question asked by trowekamp on Jun 25, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2015 by a_morgan
I'd like to hide some buttons on an addin toolbar. It appears that isn't possible - there are only Enable or Checked properties.

First question - am I missing an easy way to hide an existing button on a toolbar?

Second question - if there is no way to hide a button, does that mean I need to add/remove the button to the toolbar programatically? Can someone point me to a code sample to do this? My buttons need to be in a particular order, and the ones I need to hide/show are in the middle - is there a way to add a button in a particular location?

Thanks for any help - I've been searching for code samples and failing to find examples of what I'm trying to do.

update:
- it occurs to me now that I only need to know how to remove a button. The buttons that should be shown depend on the particular user's level of access, and I know what that is when my addin initialization code is being run. So I can create the toolbar with all the buttons, and then just remove ones that shouldn't be there if the user shouldn't have access to that option.

So I'm just looking for a code sample to show how to remove a button from a toolbar.

Outcomes