Publish Services to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-24-2013 09:40 PM
SandeepG_S
New Contributor III
Hi All,

I want to publish services hosted by ArcGIS.

As per documentation, (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/index.html#/What_are_ArcGIS_Online_hosted_services/...), I like to use "Feature services" by uploading "Shapefile" to publish data. I followed the same procedure explained in documentation (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcgisonline/index.html#/Hosted_feature_services/010q00000082000...) and uploaded by "Shapefile" successfully.

But how to access the published map data in mobile devices for iOS. Is there are any API's to access my map data?

Please help me out as I didnt get proper documentation for this.

Thanks,
Sandeep
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
You  have 2 options
1) You can author a webmap on ArcGIS.com and add your shapefile feature service as a layer in that map. Then you can open the web map on iOS.

or

2) You can directly add the feature service as a feature layer (AGSFeatureLayer) to an AGSMapView component in your ios application. In this scenario, you're not opening a preconfigured web map but instead mashing up individual layers through code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
You  have 2 options
1) You can author a webmap on ArcGIS.com and add your shapefile feature service as a layer in that map. Then you can open the web map on iOS.

or

2) You can directly add the feature service as a feature layer (AGSFeatureLayer) to an AGSMapView component in your ios application. In this scenario, you're not opening a preconfigured web map but instead mashing up individual layers through code.
0 Kudos
SandeepG_S
New Contributor III
Thank you Divesh. Thats very useful.

You  have 2 options

or

0 Kudos