Create a vehicle routing problem model

06-24-2013 01:37 PM
AndreiAstilean
New Contributor
I tried to create a model for vehicle routing problem in modelbuilder and I get some errors when it runs, errors concerning the routes. I have some stores and one depot. When you add 'Add location' it asks for the input of the network analyst layer, sublayer and input locations. For the depot and the stores i can input the right location because they have feature data layers but the routes doesn't have a feature data layer (routes being created just in vehicle routing problem analysis). My model looks something like: Make New Vehicle routing problem (Streets_ND) -> Add location (orders) -> Add location (depot) -> Add location (Routes) -> Solve. Any ideas?
Thanks, Andrei Astilean
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JaySandhu
Esri Regular Contributor
Take a look at this post for how to deal with adding routes to a VRP layer in model builder:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/87092-Creating-a-VRP-in-Model-Builder-Can-you-create-routes-on-the-...

Jay Sandhu
AndreiAstilean
New Contributor
Thanks a lot, Jay, i saw that post but, at the time, i didn't realise that VRP is the abbreviaton for Vehicle Routing Problem :). Sorry for that, i think you can detele my post because there is already another one with the same topic. Thanks again, Jay, it worked just fine.
Astilean Andrei
0 Kudos