AnsweredAssumed Answered

Geocoding with another countries information

Question asked by whileyryan on Jun 24, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 by JGravois-esristaff
Hello,

Right now I am currently working in another country trying to set up a web application that can search addresses.  I have looked through the samples and attempted to manipulate them so that they work with me, but I was unable to.  Along with that, I am not able to access the database that supplies the information for one of the samples (links are at the bottom) and so I am not able to see the fields that are in that database.  I am able to tell that there is at least a score and locatorName field, neither of which I have.  I have an Adres field where the address is stored, and a Point section where the X and Y coordinates are stored.  But that is about it.  Below is a copy of the JS I have. So I was wondering how I would go about building this with the amount of information I have.  I am not the most fluent in JS, but any help would be greatly appreciated.   

<script>       dojo.require("esri.map");       dojo.require("esri.tasks.locator");       dojo.require("dojo.number");       dojo.require("dijit.form.Button");       dojo.require("dijit.form.Textarea");       dojo.require("dijit.layout.BorderContainer");       dojo.require("dijit.layout.ContentPane");    dojo.require("esri.layers.FeatureLayer");              var map;        function init() {         map = new esri.Map("map", {            basemap: "topo",           center: [-68.95921478269354, 12.201009750494986],           zoom: 11         });      var opLayer1 = new esri.layers.ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer(            "ihavetherightlinkbutcannotputithere/rest/services/FeatureServer", {   opacity:0.4,   basemap:"topo"   });   map.addLayer(opLayer1);                    var locator = new esri.tasks.Locator("http://ihavetherightlinkbutcannotputithere/rest/services/FeatureServer");         dojo.connect(locator, "onAddressToLocationsComplete", showResults);                  map.infoWindow.resize(200,125);       }        function locate() {         map.graphics.clear();         var address = {"SingleLine":dojo.byId("Adres").value};         locator.outSpatialReference= map.spatialReference;         var Adres = {           address:Adres,                    }         locator.addressToLocations(Adres);       }        function showResults(candidates) {         var candidate;         var symbol = new esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol();         var infoTemplate = new esri.InfoTemplate( "Address: ${Adres}");          symbol.setStyle(esri.symbol.SimpleMarkerSymbol.STYLE_SQUARE);         symbol.setColor(new dojo.Color([153,0,51,0.75]));          var geom;                  dojo.every(candidates,function(candidate){                        console.log(candidate.Adres);             var attributes = { address: candidate.Adres };                geom = candidate.Adres;             var graphic = new esri.Graphic(geom, symbol, attributes, infoTemplate);             //add a graphic to the map at the geocoded location             map.graphics.add(graphic);             //add a text symbol to the map listing the location of the matched address.             var displayText = candidate.Adres;             var font = new esri.symbol.Font("16pt",esri.symbol.Font.STYLE_NORMAL, esri.symbol.Font.VARIANT_NORMAL,esri.symbol.Font.WEIGHT_BOLD,"Helvetica");                         var textSymbol = new esri.symbol.TextSymbol(displayText,font,new dojo.Color("#666633"));             textSymbol.setOffset(0,8);             map.graphics.add(new esri.Graphic(geom, textSymbol));             return false; //break out of loop after one candidate with score greater  than 80 is found.                    });         if(geom !== undefined){           map.centerAndZoom(geom,12);         }        }       dojo.ready(init);     </script>

The sample I've been working with:
https://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jssamples/locator_address.html

And the link that is disabled:
http://geocode.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/GeocodeServer

Also, here is a list of the fields I have available:

OBJECTID (Type: esriFieldTypeOID, Alias: OBJECTID)
    Buurten (EN:Neighborhood) (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Buurten, Length: 250 )
    B_STATUS (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: B_STATUS, Length: 255 )
    FUNCTIE (EN:Type of building) (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: FUNCTIE, Length: 255 )
    Straatnaam_conc (En:Streetname) (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Straatnaam_conc, Length: 250 )
    Adres (EN:Address) (Type: esriFieldTypeString, Alias: Adres, Length: 100 )
    Shape (Type: esriFieldTypeGeometry, Alias: Shape)

Point:
           X: ##.###
           Y: ##.###

Thank you,
Ryan

Outcomes