ArcGIS service name is case snsitive

06-22-2013 08:30 PM
PankajChaudhari
New Contributor III
Hi All,

From ArcGIS Server 10.1 on wards, service names becomes case sensitive.

Recently we have migrated our application from 9.3.1 to 10.1 environment and our application is public portal and GIS services are exposed as an API.

Most of the users are using GIS services. But we observed that in 10.1 ArcGIS server GIS service names becomes case sensitive and most of users are unable to access services because service name is case sensitive.

Since our website is a public portal, it's not possible for us to update all users to use exact service name.

We tried IIS URL Rewrite 2.0 on ArcGIS 10.1 service URL's, but URL rewrite is also not working.

Can anybody please help us in getting workaround to this?

Thanks.

Best Regards
Pankaj
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
I can't speak to the case sensitivity issue and don't know whether or not there is some configuration option which allows you to avoid this.  If not, then I think that the only option you have is to rewrite the URL.  If you can't get the IIS tool to work then you can also do it yourself.  Essentially you are just putting a man in the middle.  You just have write a proxy website which edits the incoming URLs and then forwards them.  That seems like a lot of work so my suggestion is to get some help with regards to using the rewrite tool.
0 Kudos