Conversion: Raster to Polyline.. pathcost field not available.

Jump to solution
06-11-2013 12:29 PM
ShinoRah
New Contributor
I have set up a least cost path model that takes my weighted overlay raster surface and gets me the least cost path from point a to point b. The result is a raster line with a "PATHCOST" field telling me the cost of following that route.

I want to convert this raster line to a vector polyline so I use the 'raster to polyline' tool under 'Conversion Tools'.

They have a handy optional "Field" prompt which allows the user to specify which raster field gets to become part of the new polyline attribute table.

For some reason, that "PATHCOST" field in the raster line, the only one I need, is the only field that does not show up as one of the field options.. so Its not even available for me to select it.

I dont know why this is happening, has anyone run into this before, maybe someone has an idea how I can make this field available to me??

I have been advised that another way of getting the 'cost' of following that specific route may be to use zonal statistics under spatial analyst - but the output there is a raster, when I want my end product to be a vector polyline with the pathcost field.

Please let me know if you have any ideas and thanks so much in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Your raster is integer and does have a table?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
ShinoRah
New Contributor

Right. Thank you.

In order to get around that I included an "Add Field" tool to the model which adds an integer field, then uses "Calculate Field" to multiply my cost path by 1000 since all are <0.

Thanks!
0 Kudos