Raster Editor extension problem

06-04-2013 04:38 AM
TomaszBartus
New Contributor III
I'm looking for a convenient raster edition tool for ArcGis 10.1. I have found and registed Raster Editor Extension (Minimum ArcGIS Release: 9.0) => http://edn.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=codeExch.sampleDetail&pg=/arcobjects/9.1/Samples/Raster/Raster_Tool...

but I can't use it.
When I'll try to start edit a layer, apears a window with a message: "SetSymbolSefaults - Invalid property value".
I can't set the Edit workspace variable too. How do I create a temporary database for raster edition?
please help me
Tomek
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
The only 'raster editing' like that I have seen via a toolbar would be within ArcScan and the raster painting tools.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I'm looking for a convenient raster edition tool for ArcGis 10.1. I have found and registed Raster Editor Extension (Minimum ArcGIS Release: 9.0) => but I can't use it. 

ArcObjects extensions written for 9.x are very unlikely to work in 10.x. I agree that ArcScan is your best bet if you want to interactively edit pixels -- but that editor only works with bilevel rasters.

For more complex editing, I believe you are better off creating polygons, converting to raster and "burning them in" using tools like Con and Mosaic.
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
or...

- set the processing extent around the pixels of interest
- and also set SnapRaster=your input raster
- RasterToPoint
- edit the attributes (of the points)
- PointToRaster and use the same cell size and extent as your original raster
- use IsNull and Con to "insert" the changed raster into your original raster

Note that RasterToPoint works with integer, floating point or string data.

-Steve
0 Kudos