Jenn_88

Exporting a static KMLonly returns a subset of the data

Discussion created by Jenn_88 on Jun 3, 2013
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 by Jenn_88
Hi all,

I'm developing a tool for my company's web map that simply lets users download a KML of the layer by directly accessing the KmlServer link/functionality. The URL (which prompts a .kmz download) looks something like this:

http://www.companywebsite.com:6080/arcgis/services/ProjectName/MapServer/KmlServer?Composite=false&LayerIDs=#

Doing so creates a static KMZ where all the data are included with the file. However, accessing the layer using the Generate KML tool (companysite.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/Project/MapServer/generateKml) works (of course, that's a network link-based file that's generated). All of the data are showing when it's a network link.

There's no consistency in what number of records it exports. Where there are 1000 records in one file, maybe 100 are exported. Where there are 17 records, 11 are consistently exported. My supervisor and I checked a bunch of settings with ArcGIS Server as well as the actual MXD that's published. We checked zoom extents in the MXD, we checked how many records can be returned in ArcGIS Server... it all seems okay.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something obvious? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jenn

Outcomes