IdentityManager and World Routing Service

Jump to solution
06-03-2013 08:26 AM
Labels (1)
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor
Hello -

We are leveraging the IdentityManager to successfully access multiple ArcGIS Online resources.  The IdentityManager component seems to know when to append the token on each request, which is great.

However, I just started trying to use the World Routing Service (route.arcgis.com), and the token is not getting appended on these requests.  The service then responds with a "Token Required" failure.  Any ideas why IdentityManager would recognize some ArcGIS Online endpoints as needing tokens, but not the World Routing Service?

Thanks
-Brian
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor
I was wrong.  I realized that the IdentityManager was in fact appending the token properly.  In case others see this post, it seems as though the first request fails with an error code 499 (Token Required).  This triggers another request which does have the token appended to it.

My issue was complicated by a message that wasn't very clear.  I happened to be using the wrong URL, which ended up returning an error code 500 (9004$LAYER_NOT_EXIST) on the second request that did have the token.  That error isn't very helpful.  For reference, the URL that seemed to work for me is below:
http://route.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/Route/NAServer/Route_World

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor
I was wrong.  I realized that the IdentityManager was in fact appending the token properly.  In case others see this post, it seems as though the first request fails with an error code 499 (Token Required).  This triggers another request which does have the token appended to it.

My issue was complicated by a message that wasn't very clear.  I happened to be using the wrong URL, which ended up returning an error code 500 (9004$LAYER_NOT_EXIST) on the second request that did have the token.  That error isn't very helpful.  For reference, the URL that seemed to work for me is below:
http://route.arcgis.com/arcgis/rest/services/World/Route/NAServer/Route_World
0 Kudos