10.1 License Initializer crashes under Windows 2003

05-31-2013 05:10 AM
DavidWilcox
New Contributor II
Hi Everyone,

I just upgraded one of our servers from 10.0 to ArcGIS 10.1. I can load ArcMap and all the interactive tools, but the license initializer is crashing in my asp.net code. It works fine within VS 2010 on my Win 7 (x64) test machine, but crashes on the Win 2003 server (x86). Here's the exception it throws. Any suggestions on what the culprit might be and how to track it down?

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT)) 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Source Error: 

Line 26:         ESRI.ArcGIS.RuntimeManager.Bind(ESRI.ArcGIS.ProductCode.Desktop)
Line 27:         mIAoInitialize = New esriSystem.AoInitialize 'AOInitialize has methods and properties that will allow you initialize licenses
Line 28:         mIAoInitialize.Initialize(esriSystem.esriLicenseProductCode.esriLicenseProductCodeAdvanced) 'Initialize your application with ArcEditor license. Change the produce if you are using either ArcView or ArcInfo
Line 29:     End Sub
Line 30:     Private Sub TerminateESRI()

Source File: E:\SAV_Web\TestArcGISLic.aspx.vb    Line: 28 

Stack Trace: 

[COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))]
   ESRI.ArcGIS.esriSystem.AoInitializeClass.Initialize(esriLicenseProductCode ProductCode) +0
   TestArcGISLic.InitESRI() in E:\SAV_Web\TestArcGISLic.aspx.vb:28
   TestArcGISLic.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\SAV_Web\TestArcGISLic.aspx.vb:12
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Thanks!

David Wilcox
Virginia Institute of Marine Science
0 Kudos
0 Replies