Please fix your API Reference Page

05-31-2013 04:33 AM
AllenHuang
New Contributor III
Dear ESRI

This is a very poor management. Please spent time to correct and update your Javascript API Reference page. I have found some broken codes and wrong function name.

For example.
Map.getLayersVisibleAtScaleRange(Scale) doesn't exist.

And the correct function is
Map.getLayersVisibleAtScale(Scale)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Allen,

Thanks for brining this to our attention. I've fixed the issue in our documentation and will push the changes out to the production site as soon as possible.

Thanks
Kelly
0 Kudos
MarkHoover
Occasional Contributor II
Allow me to use this thread to bring up the fact that the documentation does not work on IE 9.  Typically the behavior manifests itself as not being able to view the documentation of each individual property or method.  This link, for example, takes you to the right spot in Firefox, but not IE 9:

http://developers.arcgis.com/en/javascript/jsapi/map.html#map1
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Mark,

I ran a quick test in IE9 (and IE10) and you are correct there are a few issues. We'll get these issues fixed for the next release of the API.
0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III
If we're giving it a kicking, can I add the fact that the vertical scroll bars on the right panel often fail to load in a timely manner - or indeed at all, leaving it impossible to actually use these pages - I find that when this happens a cache clear is required.
0 Kudos
MarkHoover
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks for the expedient responses, Kelly.
0 Kudos