ArcGIS Online & Dynamic Map Service to toggle layers

Jump to solution
05-30-2013 12:48 PM
BrianRassier
Occasional Contributor
Hello -

We have a desktop application that consumes ArcGIS Server Dynamic Map Services, and it allows the user to turn on/off the different layers on the fly.  Can this be done in ArcGIS Online?  As I understand it the options for ArcGIS Online are tiled map services and feature services, neither of which fit the same mold as a dynamic map service. 

I'm sure I could create 1 tiled map service per layer that we want to toggle, and then manage a multitude of services in place of 1 service with multiple layers.  Is this the best substitute?  (Although it doesn't allow parent/child relationships, which are possible using layers within dynamic map services).
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You are correct. Currently you can only have hosted tiled map services or hosted feature services running on ArcGIS Online. We are working on dynamic mapping ability for ArcGIS Online, but it's not available yet. No release date set yet.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
You are correct. Currently you can only have hosted tiled map services or hosted feature services running on ArcGIS Online. We are working on dynamic mapping ability for ArcGIS Online, but it's not available yet. No release date set yet.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
SerenaMa
New Contributor
Any update when this Dynamic Map Service will be avaible for ArcGIS Online ??
0 Kudos