Web Applications Manager - Server 10.1 on Win2012/IIS8

Jump to solution
05-30-2013 10:08 AM
AdamWills
New Contributor II
I'm currently working on installing ArcGIS Server 10.1 on a new environment running Windows Server 2012.  We have some legacy .net applications that we're hoping to bring over until we have the time to convert them to one of the newer methods, so we're looking at installing the Web Applications for .net Framework. 

Once we start with the install, it says that we can't install the Web Applications Manager, since we don't have IIS 7.5 (we're running IIS 08). 

Any advice on how to proceed?  You'll have to bear with me - I'm not a major GIS user, just help support installations.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamWills
New Contributor II
I ended up getting this to work - it became an issue with the IIS Requirements.  I had to add some additional options under Web Server (IIS) -> Management Tools -> IIS6 Management Compability...  I additionally added all of the IIS 6 components (including the Scripting Tools and WMI Compatibility that weren't mentioned in the provided documentation).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdamWills
New Contributor II
I ended up getting this to work - it became an issue with the IIS Requirements.  I had to add some additional options under Web Server (IIS) -> Management Tools -> IIS6 Management Compability...  I additionally added all of the IIS 6 components (including the Scripting Tools and WMI Compatibility that weren't mentioned in the provided documentation).
0 Kudos
AlexeyTereshenkov
Regular Contributor III
0 Kudos
AdamWills
New Contributor II
Adam, are you sure it is outlined in the http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-server-web-adaptor-iis/10.1/index.html#/Wi...?

That's the installation instructions for the Web Adaptor (which installed without any problems). I was referring to the Web Application for the .NET Framework piece (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/install-guides/arcgis-web-applications/10.1/index.html#/Welcome_...), which doesn't have any requirements listed for Server 2012/IIS8.
0 Kudos