Exercise 1a

Jump to solution
05-30-2013 08:35 AM
AlisonVolk
New Contributor
I am having trouble just getting started.  I am able to add the Streets basemap layer and then I try to zoom in (Step 3 of Exercise 1a) and I am unable to get close enough to see the streets.  The map just seems to be frozen.  There was no prompt to enable acceleration and I looked at the Customize > ArcMap Options > Data View tab, and "Enable hardware acceleration" is grayed out.  Any help or advice for fixing this would be great.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi avolk28, sorry, that's no good. Can you send us a bit more information? Are you using the trial software that comes with the book or your own software? If your own software, is it version 10.0? What's your computer, operating system, and maybe graphics card? Send us an email at UnderstandingGIS@esri.com so we can continue troubleshooting outside the forum. We'll get started now trying to find out more about it, but we'll make better progress when we know more details about your system. Again, sorry for this problem.

Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi avolk28, sorry, that's no good. Can you send us a bit more information? Are you using the trial software that comes with the book or your own software? If your own software, is it version 10.0? What's your computer, operating system, and maybe graphics card? Send us an email at UnderstandingGIS@esri.com so we can continue troubleshooting outside the forum. We'll get started now trying to find out more about it, but we'll make better progress when we know more details about your system. Again, sorry for this problem.

Tim
0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor
Also, right-click on the Streets basemap layer in the Table of Contents and choose Analyze Layer. This will open a window at the bottom of ArcMap that might have some useful information.

Tim
0 Kudos