InfoWindow Arabic text Issue

05-29-2013 10:05 PM
AshishArora
New Contributor III
Hello

I am facing an issue with InfoWindow related to Arabic text. Please let me know if anybody has faced such issue before or knows how to fix it.

var infoTemplateLM = new esri.InfoTemplate("","${ptName} <br/> <br/> <span class='popupZoom' onclick='zoomToPlace(" + sCoordX + "," + sCoordY + ",12)';>Zoom To</span> ")

variable ptName is assigned some Arabic Text but when infowindow display on map, instead of that Arabic Text, i am getting very weird English alphabets. whereas instead of variable, if i insert arabic text directly then i am getting the correct result.

Note: This is happening only on Apple Safari Browsers

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AshishArora
New Contributor III
Hello

I am facing an issue with InfoWindow related to Arabic text. Please let me know if anybody has faced such issue before or knows how to fix it.

var infoTemplateLM = new esri.InfoTemplate("","${ptName} <br/> <br/> <span class='popupZoom' onclick='zoomToPlace(" + sCoordX + "," + sCoordY + ",12)';>Zoom To</span> ")

variable ptName is assigned some Arabic Text but when infowindow display on map, instead of that Arabic Text, i am getting very weird English alphabets. whereas instead of variable, if i insert arabic text directly then i am getting the correct result.

Note: This is happening only on Apple Safari Browsers

Thanks

Anybody facing this Arabic issue with safari browser?
0 Kudos
VinayBansal
Occasional Contributor II
Anybody facing this Arabic issue with safari browser?

Is this happening with InfoTemplate only? Have your tried displaying the arabic text in some other place in your site...
0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
A quick google search shows that there are some issues with Arabic fonts on Safari although many of the articles are several years old. It could be an issue with fonts? Can you inspect the text and see which font is used to render the popup text?
0 Kudos
AshishArora
New Contributor III
A quick google search shows that there are some issues with Arabic fonts on Safari although many of the articles are several years old. It could be an issue with fonts? Can you inspect the text and see which font is used to render the popup text?

This is an issue with safari browser.
0 Kudos