Error Service Arcgis Server 10.1

05-29-2013 09:04 PM
RizaAnsori
New Contributor
Hi All,

Currently, I using ArcGIS for Server Advanced 10.1 sp1  for with this specification:
-OS  = Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (64 bit)
-CPU = 4 core
-Memori = 64 GB

installed on vmware esxi 5 enterprise. This arcgis server is used for handle raster data. Services of arcgis is running well when number of services still small: 6 map service and 15 image service. Recently I published hundreds of map service, suddenly services can't access with this error : Unable to process request. Error handling service request:
Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.servicelib.AGSException: AutomationException: 0x80040111 - Could not create object 'esriCarto.MapServerObjectFactory
.  So I restart this service, but not working.

Thanks

Riza
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrettElliot
New Contributor III
Hi Riza,

We are having the same error here.

We are running a windows server VM with 4 cores, 16 GB of ram.  The server was very stable with a small number of services on it.  We now have roughly 250 services published and we are getting this same error.

SEVERE May 30, 2013 9:57:22 AM Unable to process request. Error handling service request : Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: java.lang.Exception: Could not initialize service '8200_to_8299.t8288_Routing.MapServer'. Rest
SEVERE May 30, 2013 9:57:22 AM Could not initialize service '8200_to_8299.t8288_Routing.MapServer'. Server
SEVERE May 30, 2013 9:57:21 AM Unable to process request. Error handling service request : Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: java.lang.Exception: Could not initialize service '8200_to_8299.t8288_Routing.MapServer'. Rest
SEVERE May 30, 2013 9:57:21 AM Could not initialize service '8200_to_8299.t8288_Routing.MapServer'. Server
SEVERE May 30, 2013 9:57:21 AM Unable to process request. Error handling service request : Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: com.esri.arcgis.discovery.ejb.ArcGISServerEJBException: java.lang.Exception: Could not initialize service '8200_to_8299.t8288_Wetlands.MapServer'.:

We don't know what the cause of this issue is.

Brett
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
Here is a post which might be related:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/67380-Error-handling-service-request-Cannot-obtain-a-free-instance....

How are you connecting to the database?

I am wondering if capturing SDE intercepts/logs might be helpful...

The goal is to try and find what the underlying failure is.
0 Kudos
RizaAnsori
New Contributor
Here is a post which might be related:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/67380-Error-handling-service-request-Cannot-obtain-a-free-instance....

How are you connecting to the database?

I am wondering if capturing SDE intercepts/logs might be helpful...

The goal is to try and find what the underlying failure is.

I using SDE with direct connect and work fine.
0 Kudos