edit layer on web map application

05-29-2013 06:07 PM
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
Hi,

I got personal account with AGO. I create an edit layer but when I published web map into web map application, with EDIT function tick, but I can't find edit tool display on web application. How do i edit my editable layer? I have version 10.
Thanks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Unfortunately, the editing template only supports editing features that are running as a feature service on ArcGIS Server, or a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online. I assume that source of the layer in question is not one of these types.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
Thanks Mike.

Assume that I don't have ArcGIS Server, how do i have a hosted feature service in ArcGIS Online? Does it require an organisation account?
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Yes, publishing to ArcGIS Online requires an organizational account (subscription).

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
ThaoTruong
New Contributor III
Mike,

Could you please confirm my scenario below is possible or not:

If I have an organisation account, then create web mapping application (not web map) with editable layer. Send the URL for viewers, they should be able to edit that editable layer without log into my organisation account?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Access to the service is controlled by how you share it in ArcGIS.com. If you share your item publicly, then anyone will be able to edit it without signing in. It will be totally public. If you want to restrict editing access to it, then the people who you want to edit will need to be members of your organization and have valid accounts within your subscription.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos