Map Control Memory Leak

05-29-2013 12:55 PM
Labels (1)
ShaunMcCloud
New Contributor
I have a WPF application using the Runtime SDK that is suffering from a major memory leak.  My app is designed to automatically pan & zoom around the map, use the tileloading event to get the URL for an ArcGIS Server map tile, and download it using a standard .NET WebClient through a proxy server.  However, even when I disable all my logic and manually pan & zoom the map control I still see a memory leak.  Is this a known issue with the Runtime SDK for WPF?  Another project where I work uses the Runtime SDK and they are also experiencing a memory leak when panning & zooming, just not as fast as they are not automating it.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AaronHigh
New Contributor III
In my usage, the AcceleratedDisplay leaks unmanaged memory at a very high rate when automated operations occur on it at a high rate (i.e. a DispatcherTimer doing something to the map or layers therein every n milliseconds). Disabling the AcceleratedDisplay solved this issue for me.
0 Kudos
ShaunMcCloud
New Contributor
In my usage, the AcceleratedDisplay leaks unmanaged memory at a very high rate when automated operations occur on it at a high rate (i.e. a DispatcherTimer doing something to the map or layers therein every n milliseconds). Disabling the AcceleratedDisplay solved this issue for me.

Are you talking about the UseAcceleratedDisplay property or the AcceleratedDisplay property on the map control?  I already have UseAcceleratedDisplay set to false.
0 Kudos
AaronHigh
New Contributor III
Are you talking about the UseAcceleratedDisplay property or the AcceleratedDisplay property on the map control?  I already have UseAcceleratedDisplay set to false.

UseAcceleratedDisplay = false
solved the unmanaged memory leak for me.
0 Kudos
ShaunMcCloud
New Contributor
UseAcceleratedDisplay = false
solved the unmanaged memory leak for me.
  Ok, I have more work to do then, I already have UseAcceleratedDisplay set to false.  I am able to work around the memory leak some by changing the way I get the Tile URLs so that should be good enough for now.
0 Kudos