Longest Flow Path

Jump to solution
05-20-2013 06:14 AM
Labels (1)
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
I am having difficulties in running the Longest Flow Path process. My project has over 200 subbasins. It runs for several hours, then failed with "losing ArcGIS license server" message.

I wonder if I am going to use the CN Lag method for reach routing, Do I still need to run the Longest Flow Path, Basin Cntroid, and the Centroidal Flow path?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
After a number of tries, I have used following two approaches to avoid the error:

1. Merge your subbasins before running the Longest Flow Path tool. My limited experience indicated my computer system can handle 120 or less subbasins.

2. Or select a subset of your basins (I selected 50 at once) to run the Longest Flow Path tool. Ignore the output file already exists message when you run your 2nd selected basins, the results will be appended to the existing file.

Note: Plase download the latest build of ArcHydro and GeoHMS tools and clean your Temp folder from time to time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
If your project is on a network server, try putting it on your local drive. I will speed up the process. The Longest Flow Path process is the one that takes the longest.
0 Kudos
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
After a number of tries, I have used following two approaches to avoid the error:

1. Merge your subbasins before running the Longest Flow Path tool. My limited experience indicated my computer system can handle 120 or less subbasins.

2. Or select a subset of your basins (I selected 50 at once) to run the Longest Flow Path tool. Ignore the output file already exists message when you run your 2nd selected basins, the results will be appended to the existing file.

Note: Plase download the latest build of ArcHydro and GeoHMS tools and clean your Temp folder from time to time.
0 Kudos