Zooming further than my base map

Jump to solution
05-14-2013 02:08 PM
Labels (1)
GeorgeFaraj
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

I would like to know if there's any way to allow the user to zoom further than what my base map allows. My other layers have more detail than the base map, so I would like the user to be able to zoom in.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Yes, you can set the MinimumResolution property on the Map e.g.

<esri:Map UseAcceleratedDisplay="True" WrapAround="True" MinimumResolution="2500" Extent="-15000000,2000000,-7000000,8000000" Background="#FFE3E3E3">     <esri:ArcGISLocalTiledLayer ID="BaseMap" Path="..\Data\TPKs\Topographic.tpk"/> </esri:Map>

We use this in our Sample Application, where the TPK included in the sample data only goes down to approx. level 5 or 6.

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
The zoom levels seem to be set either when the map is initialsed or the TPK is loaded (it has been a while since we hit this issue) and we looked into changing this at v1.0 and could only come up with a workaround. Not sure if this is still the case with v10.1.1! We added a dumpy TPK set to a larger scale and loaded this into the map. It worked well for areas of limited extent.
0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

Yes, you can set the MinimumResolution property on the Map e.g.

<esri:Map UseAcceleratedDisplay="True" WrapAround="True" MinimumResolution="2500" Extent="-15000000,2000000,-7000000,8000000" Background="#FFE3E3E3">     <esri:ArcGISLocalTiledLayer ID="BaseMap" Path="..\Data\TPKs\Topographic.tpk"/> </esri:Map>

We use this in our Sample Application, where the TPK included in the sample data only goes down to approx. level 5 or 6.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
MatthewBrown1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Mike,

Thanks! I fiddled with the value and got it working. We must have read it to mean the denominator in the representative fraction and not map units per pixel!
0 Kudos
GeorgeFaraj
Occasional Contributor III
Hey Mike,

What sample is that?

Thanks.
0 Kudos