Group Invite

05-14-2013 10:18 AM
JillOgden
New Contributor
Is it possible to request membership to a group?  I've been told an invite was sent, but it hasn't materialized.  (I'm reasonably sure I'm not being punked since this is job related.)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It is only possible to request membership to a group if the group is configured to allow it.  Notifications are sent within ArcGIS Online, not via email. On the Groups tab, you don't see any invitations? What type of account do you have? If you have a public account, you won't be able to join a group that is part of an organization. You have to be part of the organization. The reverse is also true, ie, org to public account groups.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JillOgden
New Contributor
It is only possible to request membership to a group if the group is configured to allow it.  Notifications are sent within ArcGIS Online, not via email. On the Groups tab, you don't see any invitations? What type of account do you have? If you have a public account, you won't be able to join a group that is part of an organization. You have to be part of the organization. The reverse is also true, ie, org to public account groups.

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you Mike for the clear answer to my question.  As it turned out, my inviter transposed letters in my email address so my problem was solved after I asked him to show me the invite under his login.
0 Kudos