Tree Creation

Jump to solution
05-13-2013 10:44 AM
JohnathanMann1
New Contributor II
Hello All

I am creating a 3D view of a trail and I am having problems with generating trees in city engine. Right now I have a point shp file on  my terrain of all the trees within that area. The only post I have found on this subject was on this site(Creation of 3D Trees) however that code block is not working for me. I     Have the  same obj. file from the philly example in my assets folder and then I select the point and assign the rule to that point an hit generate but nothing happens. No errors in the log either. Am I forgetting something? I Am also curious about Sketchup, I downloaded a tree from there library and exported it as a dae file. My question again come when trying to generate the tree. The code I am using is  this  tree --> i( "models/PineTree.dae" ) again am I missing something?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you displaying the 'Models' object type ? [toggle F12 key]

it could be a problem that the tree assets are not centered around the cartesian origin ( asset's own coordinate values).

Let me know ..

Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi !

Sorry for the dumb question, but are you displaying the 'Models' object type ? [toggle F12 key]

it could be a problem that the tree assets are not centered around the cartesian origin ( asset's own coordinate values).

Let me know ..

Matt
0 Kudos
JohnathanMann1
New Contributor II
ahhh.... Not a dumb question at all. That was my problem Thank you. While I am on the Subject I do have a question about the black lines that are outlining the tree, how do i make them go away?[ATTACH=CONFIG]24290[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
MatthiasBuehler1
Frequent Contributor
Hi ..

I recommend to watch the basic tutorial videos first :
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/64843-CityEngine-Collection-RESOURCES-FAQ-HELP

Also, go through all sticky threads.

Hint : '7' key shortcut.

Matt
0 Kudos