Raster Calculator problem

06-18-2010 12:15 AM
StevenVanonckelen
New Contributor
Hello, I'm having some problems with the raster calculator (ArcGIS 9.3.1)

1) I'm working with a Landsat image and a SRTM. The first problem is that they will not overlay in the same coordinate system. I have to project the Landat in WGS84-UTM36N and the SRTM in WGS84-UTM35N and then they will perfectly allign. Does somebody know how to avoid this and to match the coordinates?

2) When I perform the following calculation in the raster calculator, two errors occur:

lh = ( ( [L5183028_02820090724_453.img] * Cos(0.561494) ) / (Pow([kterm], [slopinv]) )

- Your raster data will be projected to another coordinate system to perform the requested analysis. This van be slow and induce error in your results, particularly for larde geographic areas and at high latitudes.

-The input string is not a geographic op projected coordinate system.
ERROR 010267: Syntax error in parsing grid expression

Who can give me some advice? Thanks!
Steven
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KevinMorrissey
New Contributor II
odd error message for unbalanced parenthesis... I had the same issue...looks like you are one off in th example you posted...good luck.
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I highly recommend using the Project Raster tool to project one of the rasters to match the other one. Raster analysis works best when the inputs are in the same coordinate system.
0 Kudos