Using Advanced Symbology

05-12-2013 10:02 PM
DANIKO
by
New Contributor
Hi to all!

I try to use the advanced symbology in order to draw nato symbols
I need little help about it,

1. What the parameters _WKID mean like in this command : lmessage.setProperty("_WKID", "3857");
2. What the parameter UniqueDesignation mean?
3. THE MOST IMPORTENT QUESTION: How can send parameters to symboles llike the symbole "Target" (TACGRP.FSUPP.PNT.TGT.PTGT) (2.X.4.1.1.1) with sic G*FPPTS---****X
parameters like "Target Alt" , "Description" and "Name"?

Thanks to all!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III
You can use messages provided by an external device/file or populate your own message with the messageID and the name-value pairs required by the message processor symbol dictionary type. You can explicitly set the message properties with the Message.setProperty() method.

By default the message spatial reference is expected to be the same a the message processor. If it is not then explicitly state the message's spatial reference using the message's _WKID value.

Unique designation is a text modifier that adds a label to show data in the unique designation for the feature.  A good introduction to text modifiers can be found here

You then process a message using MessageProcessor class.
0 Kudos
DANIKO
by
New Contributor
Thanks for your replay,
PLEASE answer to question 3 with android code,
I want example of sending multipale parameters in sic to Target, the target parameters acording to Nato MIL-2525C are Name, Description and ALT
Again, I just want short android example, I searched in the web for similar android code and couldnt find
please help

Another question, I use Zone shape (TACGRP.MOBSU.OBST.GNL.Z) G*M* OGR---****X, I try to put Hostile Zone (zone paint in RED) but I get only GREEN zone no matter what parameter I put, PLEASE send me the SIC of hostile zone (in red)

THANKS!!!
0 Kudos
DanO_Neill
Occasional Contributor III

Another question, I use Zone shape (TACGRP.MOBSU.OBST.GNL.Z) G*M* OGR---****X, I try to put Hostile Zone (zone paint in RED) but I get only GREEN zone no matter what parameter I put, PLEASE send me the SIC of hostile zone (in red) 

This is an obstacle that the standard states should be green. The following is taken from MIL-STD-2525C, page 37:

5.5.1.1 Standard identity. Standard identity refers to the threat posed by the operational
environment object being represented. A tactical graphic may be black or off-white depending
on display background, or standard identity may be indicated using color and/or text. If color is
used, graphics denoting friend shall be shown in either black or blue. For other standard
identities, colors should be assigned in a manner consistent with the standard identity of the
associated tactical symbol. By default, a graphic denoting hostile standard identity shall be
shown in red. If red is not available the graphic shall be drawn in black with the abbreviation
â??ENYâ?� placed on the graphic in at least two places. In addition, if color is available graphics
indicating obstacles shall be drawn in green; otherwise, all obstacles shall be shown in black.
0 Kudos