Flash a Geography

Jump to solution
05-12-2013 01:00 AM
Labels (1)
teamIgal
New Contributor III
Hello,

Is there a way to flash a geography that i want?
in the old engine we were using the map_control.flashShape method.

Thanks,
Igal Team
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III
There is no build in solution as far as I know so yes, you need to create animation yourself. Note that if you are using AcceleratedGraphics symbols doesn't support Xaml Control templates and visual states. Check this, you might get something useful information from that and extent the solution to support flashing. If you do, please provide your experience here or in the blog.

You can select graphics but you need to provide Selected and Unselected states for the symbol and that is meaned for selection visualization but you could use that also but I wouldn't do that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KerenCohen
Esri Contributor
Try to look in the silverlight API symbols gallery which will should work for the WPF API as it is also based on xaml (you may need to replce Key with Name). I guess the custom marker symbol will be most suitable to feet your needs.
Once you build your symbol with xaml you can do many cool staff in the UI.
The symbol gallery is located at:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/silverlight-api/samples/SymbolGalleryWeb/start.htm
0 Kudos
teamIgal
New Contributor III
Try to look in the silverlight API symbols gallery which will should work for the WPF API as it is also based on xaml (you may need to replce Key with Name). I guess the custom marker symbol will be most suitable to feet your needs.
Once you build your symbol with xaml you can do many cool staff in the UI.
The symbol gallery is located at:
http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/silverlight-api/samples/SymbolGalleryWeb/start.htm

Thank you very much for the reply!
I looked at the examples, and i understood that in the Runtime api i will have to implement all the animations by myself?
Is that correct? there is no stright way to flash the geography?

Thanks,
Team Igal
0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
There is no build in solution as far as I know so yes, you need to create animation yourself. Note that if you are using AcceleratedGraphics symbols doesn't support Xaml Control templates and visual states. Check this, you might get something useful information from that and extent the solution to support flashing. If you do, please provide your experience here or in the blog.

You can select graphics but you need to provide Selected and Unselected states for the symbol and that is meaned for selection visualization but you could use that also but I wouldn't do that.
0 Kudos
teamIgal
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply!

Igal Team
0 Kudos
AnttiKajanus1
Glad to help. Remember to mark question answered if the question was answered.
0 Kudos