Fill raster

05-07-2013 11:46 PM
M_J_Glasbergen
New Contributor
Using the spatial analyst hydrology tools it is quite simple to create streams, basins, watersheds, sinks etc. What I'm missing is a way to fill the different basins: if I've got my flow direction raster I can create a flow accumulation raster and a basin raster. The assumption is that the cell with the highest flow accumulation value within a basin is the lowest point within that basin. What I would like to do is, based on a certain amount of 'rainfall' (value in millimeters x cellsize x highest flow accumulation value) determine which part of the basin is filled with that volume. Since the resulting level in the basin is unknown (that should be the output) it is not a simple case of extracting two grids from each other. Does anyone know a method to achieve this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor
Have you looked at the Fill tool? The key is z limit and choosing the proper limit.
0 Kudos
M_J_Glasbergen
New Contributor
The Fill tool needs a value for Z, whereas I need Z as a result of my calculation (below which Z is my calculated volume based on rainfall, accumulated flow and cell size within the basin the same as the volume below Z in the DTM)
0 Kudos