Trouble with publishing tile service

05-07-2013 05:58 AM
MatthewFoster
New Contributor II
Hi -
I recently created a relatively large tile package in ArcGIS 10.1 desktop and shared it via my organization's ArcGIS Online account.  i'd like to now publish that tile package as a service, which I have done in the past with other tile packages.  Unfortunately, it seems to publish some of the tiles but then stop, without any sort of additional message.  I see that .06% of the tiles are generated, and I can go into 'manage tiles' and see which ones have generated, but I can't get it to generate any more.  It published all (1) tiles for the first three coarsest levels, and then decreasing % of tiles down the line to my finest resolution requested: 1:144,448, which generated 352 of 528,581 tiles.  I definitely have space for this on our account, and I already created the tile package - just looking to host it in our account.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Matt
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SalmaZahedi
New Contributor
Hi Matt,

I'm having the same problem. I had tried the whole process on my trial account and everything worked find. However, now I'm trying to repeat the same process on the organization's account. The tile packages were created on the desktop and uploaded using a python script, but now that I try to publish one of the tile packages it only goes up to 26%. I had left it to run over night and when I came back I was signed out of ArcGIS online. I signed back in and there has been no progress passed 26% and it shows that its still "publishing tiles"!
Any ideas how to solve this issue?
0 Kudos
JeffWard1
Occasional Contributor
Did anyone find a solution to this?

Thanks,

Jeff Ward
Small Town GIS
0 Kudos
ChuckKha
New Contributor III

Hey,

Have anyone came up with a solution for this?

0 Kudos
JeffWard1
Occasional Contributor

I finally got this to work by using the PNG32 image format.  I blogged about the whole process here.