ArcGIS 10.1 License Manager - CentOS Install - Graphical installers are not supported

Jump to solution
05-06-2013 01:43 PM
KeithWeber1
New Contributor III
I am trying to install the License Manager and getting the following error. Any suggestions on where to look?

Starting installation of ArcGIS 10.1 License Manager...

Note: For information on the silent setup UI mode, please run this script with the --help option.

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...

Launching installer...

Graphical installers are not supported by the VM. The console mode will be used instead...

=======================================================

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported

The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the -i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes identifiers are GUI, Console, and Silent.

=======================================================
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
Although the silent authorization process does not generate any GUI outputs, the DISPLAY environment variable must still be set to a valid X Display. This requirement arises from the third-party MainWin software used internally during the authorization process.

If you wish to perform a silent authorization sequence in an environment where no physical X Display is available, we recommend that you create a virtual display server for use during the authorization process. The following steps review how this may be done.

1. Start a virtual display server. The following command is typical for a basic service:

Xvfb :500 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 &

This example uses ???500??? as the display number. This can be changed as needed if a conflict arises.

The following folders are the usual install locations where Xvfb can be found:

linux: /usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb
Solaris 9: /usr/openwin/bin/Xvfb
Solaris 10: /usr/X11/bin/Xvfb

2. Set the DISPLAY to the virtual display server:

C Shell: setenv DISPLAY :500.0
Bourne, Bash shell: DISPLAY=???:500.0???; export DISPLAY

3. Run the silent authorization procedure.
SoftwareAuthorizationLS -S -LIF

4. Stop the virtual display server by using the ???ps??? command to identify its process number and then using the kill command to stop it.

linux: ps ???ef | grep ???i xvfb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ThomasMontefusco
Although the silent authorization process does not generate any GUI outputs, the DISPLAY environment variable must still be set to a valid X Display. This requirement arises from the third-party MainWin software used internally during the authorization process.

If you wish to perform a silent authorization sequence in an environment where no physical X Display is available, we recommend that you create a virtual display server for use during the authorization process. The following steps review how this may be done.

1. Start a virtual display server. The following command is typical for a basic service:

This example uses ???500??? as the display number. This can be changed as needed if a conflict arises.

Bourne, Bash shell: DISPLAY=???:500.0???; export DISPLAY

4. Stop the virtual display server by using the ???ps??? command to identify its process number and then using the kill command to stop it.

linux: ps ???ef | grep ???i xvfb
0 Kudos
aa2
by
New Contributor

This example uses �??500�?� as the display number. This can be changed as needed if a conflict arises.

Bourne, Bash shell: DISPLAY=�?�:500.0�?�; export DISPLAY

4. Stop the virtual display server by using the �??ps�?� command to identify its process number and then using the kill command to stop it.

linux: ps �??ef | grep �??i xvfb

This did not work for me. I am using RHEL 6 and get the same error as the OP.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Make sure you also install the 32-bit versions of the packages. If missing I've seen this error.
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Bubbahey is correct. Our software requires the 32 bit version: - libXtst   -  libXext.so.6 -  libstdc++.so.6 -  libGL.so.1 - libgfortran.so.3
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Also CentOS is not supported for ArcGIS. It will work, but not supported.

See the system requirements: http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/system-requirements/10.1/index.html#//015100000002000000

Not listed.
0 Kudos