Failed to clear REST cache

05-04-2013 12:58 AM
jamiehollingsworth
New Contributor II
anyone seen this before?

<Msg time="2013-05-04T00:25:46,243" type="SEVERE" code="6692" source="Admin" process="7396" thread="13" methodName="" machine="myserver" user="" elapsed="">Failed to edit server directory 'arcgissystem'. Failed to clear REST cache on one or more server machines. Please check the log for more details.</Msg>

long story but the config-store and directories folder where copied before the site was deleted as outlined in Backing up and restoring your ArcGIS Server site (http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//015400000619000000). now I am not able to join a site i can only create a new one.  i then copy all of the original files to the new config-store and directories folders. the services all show up but will not start.  if someone could point me to a document and give an explanation on the best way to recreate the services from the original folders.

thanks
jamie
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
Make sure your hostname does not have an underscore. I believe there is a bug on that.  Not sure if there is documentation on moving services for 10.1. They advise just to re-publish the services, but I'll check.
0 Kudos
jamiehollingsworth
New Contributor II
<Msg time="2013-05-08T09:01:21,855" type="SEVERE" code="6540" source="Admin" process="7396" thread="13" methodName="" machine="KOTSINA.APPS.AD.ALASKA.EDU" user="" elapsed="">Failed to update the configuration store. Server machine 'KOTSINA' is not reachable. All machines in the site must be reachable for this operation to complete.</Msg>

no under scores but dots
0 Kudos