Can i run ArcGIS application without runtime licenses

05-02-2013 11:20 PM
Labels (1)
SuryaPanditaradhya
New Contributor
Hi All,

Need to know about the possibilities of running ArcGiS application without using run-time licenses. Just for some internal testing i want to run my ArcGiS application. I have tried copying the ESRI dlls which are referred by the application into a local folder and added reference from that local folder. If i try to run my application from ".exe" file, then my application crashes even before launching the application.I have tried to open the solution and build, i am getting some properties not found error.

Please let me know if there is some way to run the application and should i need to go for runtime license.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

You can use your development license for testing purposes. You should use the LicenseViewer application installed with the SDK to view your development license(s). This application will help you get the license string to set in the application. Add the call the ArcGISRuntime.SetLicense before using any ArcGIS Runtime functionality.

When you need to purchase licenses you should contact your local esri distributor.

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos