Sharing Python toolboxes across the Enterpise

05-02-2013 01:51 AM
AnttiKajanus1
Occasional Contributor III
Hi,

We need to share some Python toolboxes across the whole company. We have 2 sides in the production: core users has ArcMap installed on their laptops and others will use it through Citrix.

What I would like to do is set the "My Toolboxes" or "System Toolboxes" to point to some shared folder where we can have the tools centralized manner. Is there some easy way to do this at machine level like setting some registry value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch?

with regards,
caje
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
Hi,

We need to share some Python toolboxes across the whole company. We have 2 sides in the production: core users has ArcMap installed on their laptops and others will use it through Citrix.

What I would like to do is set the "My Toolboxes" or "System Toolboxes" to point to some shared folder where we can have the tools centralized manner. Is there some easy way to do this at machine level like setting some registry value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch?

with regards,
caje

I'd like to know as well (we are a Citrix shop too).  For now, we have just placed any new Toolbox with their source scripts on the network share (everyone has access to) and those source code .py files are located close to the Toolbox.  This works because we also have some Add-Ins that reference the these Toolboxes too (the tools/buttons on the add-in actually launch the toolbox and the various tools within them).  It really is just a matter of providing documentation to users on how to make a new folder connection to this share location.

But I'd like to know of other options too.

j
0 Kudos