Adding Feature Service with Stored Credentials Not Working

05-01-2013 09:58 AM
AlexSanders
Occasional Contributor
I have a feature service that I am adding to my content in my Organizational Account.  I am going to add item> on the web> "Entered my URL"> added my username and password> Store Credentials with service item.

After I have done this it adds the item but, when I go to view the service from AGO Map it says "The layer, ******, cannot be added to the map"

So I went back and deleted the service from my content and added the service without selecting "Stored Credentials with service item" and then it worked but I had to input my username and password when I opened the AGO Map.

I would prefer to have the username and password stored in my account so that my users wouldn't have to input the username and password from server each time they opened the map.

I am using a trial subscription to AGO for Organization, don't know if that has something to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alex
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
What version of ArcGIS Server are you running? You must be running version 10.1 SP1 or greater for this to work.

The only way for me to troubleshoot this is if you can give me access to your service if that's possible for you. You can send a private message with the connect info.

thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
AlexSanders
Occasional Contributor
Thanks I'll send you an email.
0 Kudos