Graph Pop-up - axis labels?

04-30-2013 09:57 AM
KristinAldous
New Contributor II
I would like to display attribute info as a graph pop-up. My data is of an annual count of a species, for each polygon unit, over a 30 year time frame.  I am just getting started with ArcGIS Online I have a few questions that I would appreciate help with.

1. There are gaps in the time data for several polygon units.  I think I will need to import data as a .csv to maintain <null> values for these entries.  How will <null> entries show in the ArcGIS graph?

2.  There does not appear to be any way to add labels to the graph axis or format the graph.  Am I missing something?  I did find this article on adding more complex charts with Google Chart API
http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2010/01/11/adding-charts-and-graphs-to-note-popups-using-html/
which looks great, however my map/graph is fairly simple and this is perhaps beyond my needs/capabilities.  I have not used the ArcGIS Explorer SDK before (the article suggests using it to obtain the information for the graph from ArcGIS Online).  I would be extremely grateful if anyone knows a simple workflow for using the Google Chart API to read data from ArcGIS online and create nice looking graphs.  Or if there is just a much simpler workflow altogether.

Thanks in advance!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexSivitskis
New Contributor

Hi there, any chance this was ever addressed with answers? I'm running into the same problems with <Null> values and labeling currently. It appears the chart popup will not plot <Null> values. However, as it seems the axis ranges cannot be statically set, different <Null> attributes between points will result in graphs that look very different depending on where data is missing. If you found any updates or work arounds that would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos