how to stop AGS JS TOC from Collapsing

04-24-2013 07:11 AM
KevinMacLeod1
Occasional Contributor III
Hi forum,

Has anyone set Nianwei Liu's AGS JS TOC widget to not collapse layer Groups when it is clicked? In other words, I have a dynamic service with around 100 layers. I've grouped these into a few groups which works great with the AGS widget, whcih groups them hierarchically just like ArcMap.

Now I am wondering how to make it NOT automatically roll up the groups when I turn them off. We want them to stay expanded, unless the user clicks the little "+" button. We do however want it to collapse/expand with the "+" as is normal.

(the AGS widget - http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/32804-AGS-JavaScript-Api-Combined-TOC-Legend-Contol        etc )

I have tinkered with the TOC.js code and I believe the relevant block of code is below but I have not succeeded. I set a lot of those visible items to true, set both expandos to "open" etc to no avail yet. Anyone else done this or know how?

var show = this.data.visible;
    // if it is a group layer and no child layer is visible, then collapse

if (this.data._subLayerInfos) {
      var noneVisible = true;
      dojo.every(this.data._subLayerInfos, function(info) {
        if (info.visible) {
          noneVisible = false;
          return false;
        }
        return true;
      });
      if (noneVisible) 
        show = false;
    }

if (this.data.collapsed) 
      show = false;
    if (this.iconNode && this.iconNode.src == this.blank) {
      dojo.addClass(this.iconNode, 'dijitTreeExpando');
      dojo.addClass(this.iconNode, show ? 'dijitTreeExpandoOpened' : 'dijitTreeExpandoClosed');
    }
    if (this.containerNode) 
      dojo.style(this.containerNode, 'display', show ? 'block' : 'none');

if (this.rootLayerTOC.toc.style == 'standard' && this.iconNode && this.checkNode) {
      dojo.place(this.iconNode, this.checkNode.domNode || this.checkNode, 'before');
    }

0 Kudos
0 Replies