Convert LAS Points to Single Point Shapefile

Jump to solution
04-21-2013 04:58 PM
BedoorMohammad
New Contributor
Hi,
Is there a way to convert LAS points to single point shapefile or a feature. I am already familiar with the tool convert (LAS to Multipoint), and it is not what I want.
Thank you,
Bedoor
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hello!
If you are trying to create single part point feature form LAS files, first run LAS to Multipoint to create multipoint feature, then you can use one of the following ways to get single part point feature class or shapefile:
1. Explode.
2. Multipart To Singlepart.
3. Feature To Point

Regards,
Prasanta.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PrasantaBhattarai
Esri Contributor
Hello!
If you are trying to create single part point feature form LAS files, first run LAS to Multipoint to create multipoint feature, then you can use one of the following ways to get single part point feature class or shapefile:
1. Explode.
3. Feature To Point

Regards,
Prasanta.
0 Kudos
BedoorMohammad
New Contributor
Thank you so much for responding. I think this should work. I will try it and see.
Bedoor

Hello!
1. Explode.
3. Feature To Point

Regards,
Prasanta.
0 Kudos
DarleneWilcox
New Contributor III

I tried this, and did indeed get individual point features, but not all the attributes associated with each feature in the LAS dataset -- the PointSrcID, the GPSTime, the Return, etc.  Is there a way to do this?  Thanks, Darlene