Unable to open a PDF from Maps and Apps Gallery

04-17-2013 11:33 AM
EricMiller4
New Contributor
I shared a PDF map with an ArcGIS Online group that is used for a Maps and Apps Gallery page.  The PDF will open when accessed through the ArcGIS Online group, but does not open when accessed through the Maps and Apps page. Any insight as to why this occurs, and are there any solutions/work-arounds?  Thank you.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
In the gallery, the maps, web apps and mobile apps sections filter the content to only show those types of items. What you could do, and this is a bit of a hack, is to add a web app item where the URL points to your PDF file item.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
EricMiller4
New Contributor
Thank you!
0 Kudos
ErinNovakovich
New Contributor III
In the gallery, the maps, web apps and mobile apps sections filter the content to only show those types of items. What you could do, and this is a bit of a hack, is to add a web app item where the URL points to your PDF file item.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi,
I'm having a similar problem. I tried loading the .pdf files as web app items but they just try to load as if they were a map instead of a PDF.
Ultimately I would like the PDF to open within the web browser, not download. But I can't get them to even show up on my gallery. Any advice you could share would be appreciated.
Thank you
GIS Analyst for AK
0 Kudos