Jump to solution
04-17-2013 07:01 AM
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
We are currently using the following

Identity Store - Active Directory
Roles - ArcGIS Server Built in
Authentication - GIS Tier

Currently we have all of our services available to the public because we don't have any of them locked down.  We also have an external flex app looking at the services.  I want to create some specific services that I only want seen by internal people.

When I clicked on the open lock next to one of the services, I am able to succesfully mark it as Private and assign it a built-in ArcGIS role that I have added some of our Active Directory members to.  When I clicked Save it says it is saved and the lock shows up as locked.  However, when I refresh the screen or logout and back in, the service is again unlocked and doesn't remember the security I setup for it.  I am logged in as the PSA.  Am I doing something wrong, why isn't the security settings sticking??  I appreciate any and all help!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertJones2
Occasional Contributor
Might be worth trying another browser - I've seen issues like this in IE which I thought might be down to security policy settings. With Firefox all was ok.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JessicaFrye
New Contributor
I happen to be experience just to opposite...secure services won't change to public.  My system does the same upon saving.  The logs even say it save but when I return to the service it is secure again.

We have this set for configuration:
User Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Role Store: ArcGIS Server Built-in
Authentication Tier: GIS Server
Authentication Mode: ArcGIS Tokens
0 Kudos
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
Very interesting Jessica!  This doesn't happen to be the same Jessica that gave a presentation of e911 at KAM recently is it??
0 Kudos
RobertJones2
Occasional Contributor
Might be worth trying another browser - I've seen issues like this in IE which I thought might be down to security policy settings. With Firefox all was ok.
0 Kudos
StevenMenefee1
New Contributor II
Thanks that did it!  I was able to succesfully set it and it stuck in Firefox
0 Kudos
AdamCottrell
Occasional Contributor II
Steven, I'm about to start working on configuring ArcGIS server.  The initial use will be for internal use and then we plan on opening up some services to the public.  Is what you described for your setup the recommended configuration?  Is there anything additionally configured on the web server hosting the web adaptor?

Thank you in advance.
0 Kudos
JessicaFrye
New Contributor
Got mine working after putting in a ticket for Esri support.  Ours was caused by the use on a non-UNC path on the config-store (C:/ instead of \\myserver).  We operate in a virtual cluster environment and when I imported the configurations from the install (per Esri's instructions) it gave my second server this incorrect setting.  After changing it to the UNC path everything worked!
0 Kudos