Web Adaptor -->Error when firing it up

04-16-2013 01:43 PM
ShawnCarson
New Contributor III
Hello,

I installed the web adaptor for IIS   with no issues but when the initial web page tries to come up I am getting the below error.
My IIS settings have all the requirements listed in the help doc. I believe my machine meets all the system requirements.

I installed successfully to Win2008r2 successfully off the exact same ico image. The web page came up no problem.

Server and IIS seem to be running fine I have been able to publish services, create web apps (js), etc etc on this laptop.
I have the System.Security assembly registered in my C:\Windows\assembly folder.

I can't think of what may be causing this.

I have unistalled Web-adaptor and re-installed, no luck.

Possible related link: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/80023-Web-Adapter-Installation-Error-Problem

Win7 sp1 (hp laptop)
ArcGIS_Server 10.1 (sp1)
IIS (6.1) and ArcGIS server installed on same machine.
no Citrix
no windows domain account
no active Directory

Thanks for any clues

**************Error Error Error***************

The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: The system cannot find the file specified.
]
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer) +369
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle) +151
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair() +85
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportParameters(Boolean includePrivateParameters) +98
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.SetupUI() +378
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +76
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456
0 Kudos
14 Replies
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
In IIS Manager, try the following:

1. Register asp.net 32-bit: - Open a command prompt and run the following: C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe - i

2. Enable the ASP.NET v2.0.50727 (32-bit) web service extension in IIS Manager Web Service Extensions
0 Kudos
DurmusCesur
New Contributor II
What else, have the same problem tried thousand times (all registration, ISAPI CGI restrictions, security/privileges, etc. issues) none appear to work, what is next?
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
Occasional Contributor III
If Server is on SP1 level, make sure web apaptor is also on SP1 level. I've seen weird issues if web adaptor is SP0 and server SP1

Also if using SSL make sure you follow these steps:

Enabling SSL on ArcGIS Server when accessed through the ArcGIS Web Adaptor

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#/Enabling_SSL_on_ArcGIS_Server_when_accesse...
0 Kudos
ThomasMontefusco
Occasional Contributor II
Bubba is correct. Try this:

1. Open IIS > Sites > Default Website > arcgis > .NET Trust Levels
2. Set .NET Trust level to "Full (Internal)"

This is from bug:

NIM089344
Web Adaptor for IIS throws a security exception when .NET Trust Level is set to any value other than Full (Internal) trust.
http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/TklNMDg5MzQ0
0 Kudos
JustinRodriguez
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I installed the web adaptor for IIS   with no issues but when the initial web page tries to come up I am getting the below error.
My IIS settings have all the requirements listed in the help doc. I believe my machine meets all the system requirements.

I installed successfully to Win2008r2 successfully off the exact same ico image. The web page came up no problem.

Server and IIS seem to be running fine I have been able to publish services, create web apps (js), etc etc on this laptop.
I have the System.Security assembly registered in my C:\Windows\assembly folder.

I can't think of what may be causing this.

I have unistalled Web-adaptor and re-installed, no luck.

Possible related link: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/80023-Web-Adapter-Installation-Error-Problem

Win7 sp1 (hp laptop)
ArcGIS_Server 10.1 (sp1)
IIS (6.1) and ArcGIS server installed on same machine.
no Citrix
no windows domain account
no active Directory

Thanks for any clues

**************Error Error Error***************

The system cannot find the file specified.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[CryptographicException: The system cannot find the file specified.
]
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.CreateProvHandle(CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer) +369
   System.Security.Cryptography.Utils.GetKeyPairHelper(CspAlgorithmType keyType, CspParameters parameters, Boolean randomKeyContainer, Int32 dwKeySize, SafeProvHandle& safeProvHandle, SafeKeyHandle& safeKeyHandle) +151
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.GetKeyPair() +85
   System.Security.Cryptography.RSACryptoServiceProvider.ExportParameters(Boolean includePrivateParameters) +98
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.SetupUI() +378
   ESRI.ArcGIS.WebAdaptor.Config.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +76
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +132
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +66
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2428

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5466; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456

Hello,
This error is commonly seen if you have a web.config in a folder above the web adaptor. If this is true, you will need to manage your IIS according ly. You might be able to use the tag In the parent web.config:
<configuration>
    <location path="." inheritInChildApplications="false">
        <!-- Stuff that shouldn't be inherited goes in here -->
    </location>
</configuration>

Thanks-
Justin
ShawnCarson
New Contributor III
Thanks for all the replies. I tried the relevant suggestions and still am stuck. If I figure this out I will post.
I have  feeling this  may be an IIS thing specific to my machine (Win7). WebAdaptor installed no problem on WinServer2008r2.

Appreciate your suggestions.

Shawn
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
I agree, I think it is IIS also.  Try uninstalling IIS then reinstalling.  Make sure these components are installed for ArcGIS

Web server (IIS)
Web Server
Common HTTP Features
Static Content
Default Document
Directory Browsing
HTTP Errors
Application Development
ASP.NET
.NET Extensibility
ISAPI Extensions
ISAPI Filters
Health and Diagnostics
HTTP Logging
Request Monitor
Security
Request Filtering
Performance
Static Content Compression
Management Tools
IIS Management Console
IIS 6 Management Compatibility
IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility

If still a problem, look at this thread: http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/472-systemsecuritycryptographycryptographicexcept...
0 Kudos
GaryBilotta
New Contributor III
I am also facing the same problem now.  I am receiving the error on a windows server 2012 machine.  Have you had any progress solving it on  your installation?  Thank you.
0 Kudos
BubbaHey
I think in Shawn's case it is an IIS issue, but like to know what fixes it. In your case, if using SP1 for Server, make sure Web Adaptor is also SP1. I've seen weird errors is Server is SP1 and Web Adaptor is Sp0
0 Kudos