How to assign Allocated Service Providers?

06-15-2010 10:54 AM
DavidCarpenter
Occasional Contributor
When publishing Image Services using the Image Server Manager you can designate which Service Providers are used by the service.  If I have 3 running I can assign the Image Service to use two of them for example (or "All" if I wanted).

When Image Server is registered with ArcGIS Server I can right click on the ISCdef file and publish to ArcGIS Server directly from ArcCatalog or go through the process with ArcGIS Server Manager.  Unfortunately both these methods do not allow you to specify how many or which Service Providers to use on the Image Server.

Is there any way to specify how many Service Providers these ArcGIS Server Image Services can take advantage instead of the default which select "All" of them.

Thanks.
Dave
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidCarpenter
Occasional Contributor
Nevermind.....I answered my own question.

To allocate service providers to ArcGIS Server Image Services that are created from the iscdef files on your image server you simply edit the ImageServer.Services file in Notepad or an XML editor.  The file can be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESRI\Image Server\Server

This file lists all services running on the Image Server and also provides a tag for <ServiceProviders> which you can populate with the names of the Service Providers you want to allocate to specific services.  I edited this file and saved the changes when the Image Server was stopped, once restarted the changes were implemented and my ArcGIS Server Image Services were assigned to a specific Service Provider.
0 Kudos