AnsweredAssumed Answered

viewshed ArcMap crashes when adding layer

Question asked by jpedder on Apr 11, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 13, 2013 by jpedder
I'm having a fitful time trying to add the resulting raster to my map doc. The Viewshed always writes an 'autonamed' raster file to my scratch db, i don;t seem to be able to control the name of the resulting file.

When i run MakeRasterLayer_management the file saves deep in a temp dir, never to be seen again. And when I do get a layer created ArcMap crashed every time I add the layer.

I could use a little help here to set me on the right path.

Thanks

Jon

# Set enviroment, frames and layers arcpy.env.workspace arcpy.env.scratchWorkspace scratchdb = arcpy.env.scratchGDB scratchfdr = arcpy.env.scratchFolder  if arcpy.CheckOutExtension('Spatial'):     if arcpy.GetCount_management(inObserverFeatures) != 0:         outViewshed = Viewshed(clippedraster, inObserverFeatures, zFactor, useEarthCurvature, refractivityCoefficient)         outViewshed.save()          rQuery = '{0} > 0'.format(arcpy.AddFieldDelimiters(outViewshed,"Value"))         arcpy.MakeRasterLayer_management(outViewshed,'Cell_Ping_View',rQuery)          arcpy.mapping.InsertLayer(frame,reflayer,outViewshed,'AFTER') 

Outcomes